Monday, February 21, 2011

Embarrassing Story of the Day

So here is my embarrassing story of the day. At 1 pm today I had a class in the movement studio (a classroom downstairs under the theatre). At 2 pm I had another class in the actual theatre. The quickest route from the movement studio to the theatre, is to go down the hall under the theatre and then up the stairwell by the theatre. At the top of the stair well is a small standing are with numerous doors. One of those doors goes onto the stage in the theatre. This is the door I use, because I can just go on the stage and come down the side stairs. This pathway is without fail the only route I use to go from my 1 o'clock class to my 2 o'clock class. Well today I was travelling this path with 3 other people. We had climbed the stairs and I was leading so I started opening the door. I was carrying my coat and my bag so my hands were full. The door is kind of heavy and I pulled it open and it slammed against my shoulder because I couldn't grab it in time. I said something like "This door is really heavy!" as I walked through it and onto to the stage. At this point on any normal day, I see 4 or 5 people sitting in the first few rows of the theatre talking before class starts. Today however, I looked up to see the theatre full of people all staring at me. My first thought was " Wow, I don't remember this many people being in this class." Then in the next second I realized this was a meeting program thing for the event being held on campus and I saw the speaker at the front of the stage. So I turned really quick back to the doorway, pushing my three friends out of the way before they could make the same mistake. I stumbled into the small room behind the door and we all burst into laughter. Needless, to say, this was the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me in the recent past. Never again do I plan to burst onto a stage in front of a hundred people all sitting quietly listening to a speech. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment