Friday, May 6, 2011

It happened in a Blink

This is my last night here at Cedarville for my freshman year. Where did the year go? It went too fast. And now its gone. 9 months ago I moved into Printy 2C with a girl I didn’t know. I spent my first night reveling in the fact that I was finally at college. I laid in bed thinking how odd it was that I would spend the next nine months sleeping in this bed and living in the room. Now those nine months are over. This is my last night in this bed, in this room, with this roommate. Things will never be this way again. I let time escape. Its not as if I can stop time, but my freshman year just went so fast. I made so many friends and memories. Time never stands still for us. I need to number my days and count every moment before they slip away. I’ll never be a freshman again. I can never go back and do it again. Forward is the only direction I can go.

Revive- Blink
"Teach me to number my days
And count every moment before it slips away Taking all the colors before they fade to gray I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

When it's all said and done
No one remembers how far we have run
The only thing that matters is how we have loved I don't want to miss even just a second more of this

It happens in a blink
it happens in a flash
it happens in the time it takes to look back I try to hold on tight but there's no stopping time What is it I've done with my life It happens in a blink

Slow down, slow down
Before today becomes our yesterday
Slow down, slow down
Before you turn around and it's too late"

No comments:

Post a Comment