Thursday, August 19, 2010

Farewell to an Era

Well, this is it. I leave tomorrow. I start my new life as a college freshman. I leave behind my high school/elementary school and begin anew. But I aslo leave my family and friends. I'll definitely miss them. But there comes a time in your life when you have to grow up and move out and it might as well be sooner than later. It will be exciting. I'll be off on my own with a ton of new responsibilities and challenges to conquer. So as it approaches midnight I say farewell. Farewell to the life I have led so far, farewell to the experiences and people that have made me who I am. Without my past I would never have a future. It is only by the grace of God that I have made it this far, and it is only by His grace that I will ever make it anywhere else. Because although tomorrow I start a new chapter in my life and leave behind the life I have led up until now, I will not be leaving behind the God who saved me and who gave His Son to die for me. He will never leave me nor forsake me and there is no where in the universe I can go to escape His presence. Thank you Lord for the life you have given me, and future that you give me everyday. May I never take it for granted, but use it always for your glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment