Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer 2010

Well its summer now. I made it! No more high school. Despite the fact there's no school during the summer to stress me out, somehow its always in the summer that I get the most depressed. I think its because I never do anything and I'm not used to living without the structure of school. I have to learn to manage my own time and fill it up with useful things so I don't feel like I've wasted 24 hours of my life. Unfortunately I normally go through most of the summer never doing anything of consequence and let three months of my life fly by without a thought. This is probably what depresses me. So this summer I've decided to use my time wisely. To do something useful everyday and to make a concerted effort to get together with friends and spend time with them. Because in just three months I'll be leaving the state to go to college and I won't see these people for a long time. I don't want to waste my last few months here or take my friends for granted. I'm going to use the time and life God has given me and not let it just pass by. You're only given one life and I don't intend to waste mine.

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean... I tend to feel the same way during summer. But this summer will be the best one yet!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! you're the first comment Ive ever gotten :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm...i guess that only makes me second. *shrugs* oh well. =) and yes i agree. i have tons of stuff to prepare for ROTC and CU. so many things require my attention i'm afraid i may go insane. let's hope not.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. your welcome :) I know how exciting it is to get comments on your blog.

    ReplyDelete